- Doug Polk Makes The Fold Of The Year Against Phil Hellmuth
- Daniel Negreanu Challenges Phil Hellmuth to Heads-up Match
- Phil Hellmuth Comments Daniel Negreanu’s Play vs Doug Polk
- Documentary: Daniel Negreanu’s Shocking Sponsorship History
- Daniel Negreanu’s Greatest Poker Moments on Pokerstars Shows
- Vanessa Kade Wins PokerStars Sunday Million 15th Anniversary
After the seven-figure loss to Doug Polk in their heads-up duel for 25,000 hands at $200/$400 NL, Daniel Negreanu is ready to play another challange against Phil Hellmuth, following Hellmuth’s comments on Negreanu – Polk challange.
Daniel Negreanu and Phil Hellmuth are already set to play in march a heads-up match sponsored by PokerGo’s “High Stakes Duel”, which would become one of the most exciting HU challenges in recent history.
“High Stakes Duel” is a tournament format with escalating stakes. The match starts with each player putting up $50,000. The loser has the right to a rematch at double the stakes. A player cannot cash out until winning three matches in a row, or two in a row starting in round 5. If a player declines to continue, other players can step in if they want to pony up the buy-in.
Hellmuth and Negreanu are the two biggest names in poker. Hellmuth, 56, is the all-time leader in World Series of Poker bracelets with 15. He has more than $24 million in career tournament earnings. Negreanu, 46, is a six-time WSOP bracelet winner with $42 million in live tournament earnings.